How to Enter:
Visit the National Post & Toronto Sun Booth at the Canadian International AutoShow and complete the electronic entry form.
Friday, February 17 - Sunday, February 26, 2017
Metro Toronto Convention Centre
South Building, Level 600
For more information or to purchase tickets visit autoshow.ca
ClubLink Players Club Ultimate Membership!
Unlimited access to golf at all daily fee accessible locations in Canada with power cart, club rentals and discount for accompanied guests. Courses include:
Cherry Downs Golf Club (Pickering, Ont.)
The Inn Course at Grandview Golf Club (Huntsville, Ont.)
Bethesda Grange Golf Club (Whitchurch-Stouffville, Ont.)
Rolling Hills Golf Club (Whitchurch-Stouffville, Ont.)
Hidden LakeGolf Club (Burlington, Ont.)
The Club at Bond Head Golf Club (Bond Head, Ont.) (mandatory cart fee of $20)
Glen Abbey Golf Club (Oakville, Ont.) (mandatory cart fee of $85)
Six (6) 'Member For A Day' passes redeemable at select ClubLink Member courses with power cart and discount for accompanied guests. Courses include:
Eagle Ridge Golf Club (Georgetown, Ont.)
National Pines Golf Club (Innisfil, Ont.)
Caledon Woods Golf Club (Bolton, Ont.)
Station Creek Golf Club (Gormley, Ont.)
Grandview Golf Club (Huntsville, Ont.)
Glendale G&CC (Hamilton, Ont.).
Tee time restrictions: Monday and Tuesday anytime, Wednesday through Friday before noon and weekends/holidays after noon. Winner will be responsible for all other expenses including but not limited to all merchandise purchases and food/beverage expenses while on ClubLink properties.
TORONTO AUTO SHOW CONTEST
THE TORONTO AUTO SHOW CONTEST (THE “CONTEST”) IS INTENDED TO BE CONDUCTED IN CANADA ONLY AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO APPLICABLE CANADIAN LAW. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. THE CONTEST IS OPEN TO ONTARIO RESIDENTS ONLY AND PARTICIPANTS MUST BE THE AGE OF MAJORITY OR OLDER IN THEIR PROVINCE OR TERRITORY OF RESIDENCE AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID IN WHOLE OR IN PART WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CONTEST RULES (THE “CONTEST RULES”).
1. ELIGIBILITY. To be eligible for this Contest, an individual must:
(a) be a legal resident of the province of Ontario; and
(b) be of the age of majority or older in his/her province or territory of residence at the time of entry.
Employees of Postmedia Network Inc. (“Postmedia”) and Canadian International AutoShow (“CIAS”) (Postmedia and CIAS collectively, the "Sponsors"), ClubLink Corporation (“ClubLink”) their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, advertising and promotional agencies, and the household members of any of the above, are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
The Sponsors shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility, in a form acceptable to the Sponsors, including without limitation, government issued photo identification, to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to the Sponsors for the purpose of the Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant should such an entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
2. CONTEST PERIOD. The Contest begins at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on February 17, 2017 and ends at 6:00 p.m. ET on February 26, 2017 (the "Contest Period") after which time the Contest will be closed and no further entries shall be accepted.
3. HOW TO ENTER. There is no purchase necessary to enter the Contest. Enter using any of the methods of entry outlined below. No entries will be accepted by any other means:
(a) The following methods of entry are acceptable:
(i) The full Contest Rules and other information relating to the Contest can be found at www.torontosun.com/contests (the “Contest Website”).
(ii) To enter in person, you must attend the 2017 Canadian International AutoShow taking place at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre in Toronto, Ontario from February 17, 2017 to February 26, 2017 (the “Auto Show”), and complete the ballot at the Toronto Sun/National Post Booth Number F600-124 during regular show hours. Once an entrant has submitted their entry, they may request the opportunity to Putt-in-One for a bonus entry.
(iii) To enter in person without attending the Auto Show, and for no purchase entries, you may fill out a paper ballot located at the Auto Show office outside of the entrance to the Auto Show at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre during the Contest Period (the “No Purchase Entry”).
(b) Limit of one (1) entry per person per e-mail address per day during the Contest Period. In the case of multiple entries, only the first eligible entry will be considered.
(c) All entries become the sole property of the Sponsors and none will be returned for any reason. Entries must be received no later than the end of the Contest Period. Entries will be declared invalid if they are late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, irregular, mutilated, forged, garbled or mechanically or electronically reproduced. No communication or correspondence will be exchanged with entrants except with those selected for a Prize (defined below).
(a) Prizes. There are eleven (11) grand prizes (the “Prizes”, each a “Prize”) and twenty-five (25) secondary prizes available to be won.
The Grand Prize winners (the “Winners”, each, a “Winner”) each consisting of one (1) Players Club Ultimate Membership Pass for the 2017 golf season from April 1, 2017 to December 1, 2017 which shall include:
(i) Unlimited access to golf at all daily fee accessible locations (subject to ClubLink players Club booking parameters), for the following seven (7) golf clubs:
• Cherry Downs Golf Club in Pickering, Ontario;
• The Inn Course at Grandview Golf Club in Huntsville, Ontario;
• Bethesda Grange Golf Club in Whitchurch-Stouffville, Ontario;
• Rolling Hills Golf Club in Whitchurch-Stouffville, Ontario;
• Hidden Lake Golf Club in Burlington, Ontario;
• The Club at Bond Head Golf Club (mandatory cart fee extra) in Bond Head, Ontario; and
• Glen Abbey Golf Club (mandatory $85 reciprocal fee) in Oakville, Ontario
(ii) One (1) Member For A Day passes valid for one (1) day at each of the following golf clubs, including power cart rental:
• Eagle Ridge Golf Club in Georgetown, Ontario;
• National Pines Golf Club in Innisfil, Ontario;
• Caledon Woods Golf Club in Bolton, Ontario;
• Station Creek Golf Club in Gormley, Ontario;
• Grandview Golf Club in Huntsville, Ontario; and
• Glendale Golf and Country Club in Hamilton, Ontario
(iv) Tee times for the Players Club Ultimate Membership are restricted to the following times during the 2017 golf season:
• Mondays and Tuesdays – no restrictions;
• Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays – before 12:00 p.m. ET; and
• weekends and statutory holidays – after 12:00 p.m. ET.
The Secondary Prize winners will each receive a twosome golf pass to the Club at Bond Head (4805 7th Line, Bond Head, ON L0G 1A0).
(b) Each Grand Prize has an approximate value of Two Thousand Nine Hundred and Ninety-Five Dollars (CDN $2,995.00). Each Secondary Prize has an approximate value of Four Hundred Dollars (CDN $400.00)
(c) The Winner is not entitled to monetary difference between actual Prize value and stated approximate Prize value, if any.
(d) The Prize will be distributed within two (2) days after each Winner has been successfully contacted and notified of his/her Prize and fulfilled the requirements set out herein. The Prize must be claimed within thirty (30) business days of notification of being selected as a Winner. Failure to claim the Prize within the allotted time period may result in your disqualification and forfeiture of all rights to the Prize (in the Sponsor’s sole discretion).
(e) The Winner and his/her guests will be responsible for (without limitation): guest green fees, cart fees, merchandise purchases, equipment rental fees, food and beverages, taxes, gratuities, and any other expense not explicitly included in the Prize.
(f) Prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsors. Any unused portion of a Prize will be forfeited and have no cash value. The Sponsors reserve the right, in its and their sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if a Prize (or any portion thereof) cannot be awarded for any reason.
(g) If Prizes are shipped, they shall not be insured and the Sponsors shall not assume any liability for lost, damaged or misdirected Prizes.
5. WINNER SELECTION. Eleven (11) Grand Prize Winners and Twenty-Five Secondary Prize Winners shall be selected as follows:
(a) On or about February 28, 2017 in Toronto, Ontario, eleven (11) grand prize entrants and twenty-five (25 secondary prize entrants will be selected by a random draw from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Each entrant shall be eligible to win only one (1) Prize. The odds of being selected as a potential winner are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received by the Sponsors. Before being declared a Winner, the selected entrant shall meet all of the eligibility requirements and be required to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered during a pre-arranged telephone call or by e-mail, to comply with the Contest Rules and sign and return the Release (described below).
(b) SELECTED ENTRANTS WILL BE NOTIFIED BY TELEPHONE OR E-MAIL. THE SPONSORS WILL CONTACT ALL SELECTED ENTRANTS NO LATER THAN FEBRUARY 28, 2017 AT 5:00 P.M. ET AND MUST RESPOND WITHIN FORTY-EIGHT (48) HOURS OF NOTIFICATION. Upon notification, the selected entrant must respond by telephone to the contact number provided in the notification, and the selected entrant’s response must be received by the Sponsors within forty-eight (48) hours of such notification. If the selected entrant does not respond in accordance with the Contest Rules, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive a Prize and another entrant may be selected in the Sponsors’ sole discretion until such time as an entrant satisfies the terms set out herein. The Sponsors are not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a selected entrant to receive notification or for the Sponsors to receive a selected entrant’s response.
(c) If, as a result of an error relating to the entry process, drawing or any other aspect of the Contest, there are more selected entrants than contemplated in these Contest Rules, there will be a random draw amongst all eligible Prize claimants after the Contest’s closing date to award the correct number of Prizes.
6. RELEASE. Before being declared as a Winner, the selected entrant will be required to execute a legal agreement and release (the “Release”) that confirms his/her: (i) eligibility for the Contest and compliance with these Contest Rules; (ii) acceptance of the Prize as offered; (iii) release of each of the Sponsors, ClubLink, other parties related to the Contest and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and/or related companies and each of their employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, sponsors, administrators, licensees, representatives, advertising, media buying and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising out of participation in the Contest, participation in any Contest-related activity or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any Prize, including but not limited to costs, injuries, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom; and (iv) grant to the Sponsors of the unrestricted right, in the Sponsors’ collective or individual discretion, to produce, reproduce, publish, reproduce, convert, broadcast, communicate by telecommunication, exhibit, distribute, translate, adapt and otherwise use and re-use the Winner’s name, photograph, likeness, voice and biography in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, in connection with the Contest and the promotion and exploitation thereof. The executed Release must be returned within two (2) business days of an entrant receiving verification that he/she has been selected as a Winner or the selected entrant will be disqualified and the Prize forfeited.
7. INDEMNIFICATION BY ENTRANT. By entering the Contest, entrant releases and holds Releasees harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the entrant or any other person, including personal injury, death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Prize, participation in the Contest, any breach of the Contest Rules, or in any Prize-related activity. The entrant agrees to fully indemnify Releasees from any and all claims by third parties relating to the Contest, without limitation.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. The Sponsors assume no responsibility or liability for lost, late, unintelligible/illegible, falsified, damaged, misdirected or incomplete entries, notifications, responses, replies or any Release, or, as applicable, for any computer, online, software, telephone, hardware or technical malfunctions that may occur, including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an entry. The Sponsors are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by, as applicable, website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest. The Sponsors assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsors are not responsible for any problems, failures or technical malfunction of, as applicable, any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, e-mail, players, or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing. The Sponsors are not responsible for any injury or damage to entrant or, as applicable, to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Contest. Entrant assumes liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participating in the Contest, or by the acceptance, possession, use of, or failure to receive any Prize. The Sponsors assume no responsibility or liability in the event that the Contest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including those reasons beyond the control of the Sponsors, such as, as applicable, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest and/or the Contest Website.
9. CONDUCT. By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by the Contest Rules, which will be posted at the Contest Website and made available at the Auto Show throughout the Contest Period. Entrant further agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsors, which shall be final and binding in all respects. The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant found to be: (a) violating the Contest Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or the Contest Website (where applicable); (c) violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of any canada.com property or service; and/or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE CONTEST WEBSITE (WHERE APPLICABLE) OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. The Winner and his/her guest must at all times behave appropriately when in attendance at the golf clubs and observe the Contest Rules and any other rules or regulations in force at the location/venue. The Sponsors and ClubLink reserve the right to remove from the location/venue any Winner and/or guest who breaks such rules and/or fails to behave appropriately and to disqualify such Winner and/or guest.
10. PRIVACY/USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
(a) By participating in the Contest, entrant: (i) grants to the Sponsors the right to use his/her full name, mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address and/or age (the “Personal Information”) for the purpose of administering the Contest, including but not limited to contacting and announcing the Winners; (ii) grants to the Sponsors the right to use his/her Personal Information for publicity and promotional purposes relating to the Contest, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, without further compensation unless prohibited by law; and (iii) acknowledges that the Sponsors may disclose his/her Personal Information to third-party agents and service providers of any of the Sponsors in connection with any of the activities listed in (i) and (ii) above.
(b) By opting-in on the ballot you consent to Postmedia’s and any of its corporate affiliate’s use of your Personal Information to contact you to (i) promote draws, interactive features and contests similar to the Contest; (ii) promote opportunities to subscribe to Postmedia newsletters or promotional clubs; (iii) notify you about programs, special events and related products or services; and (iv) enter you into other Postmedia-sponsored draws and/or contests.
(c) By opting-in on the ballot you consent to Postmedia’s disclosure of your Personal Information to Canadian International AutoShow and ClubLink Corporation so that you may be contacted to (i) promote draws, interactive features and contests similar to the Contest; (ii) promote opportunities to subscribe to newsletters or promotional clubs; (iii) notify you about programs, special events and related products or services; and (iv) enter you into other draws and/or contests.
11. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by Postmedia, the Sponsors and/or their affiliates as applicable. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
12. TERMINATION. The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, and/or modify, amend or suspend the Contest, and/or the Contest Rules in any way, at any time, for any reason without prior notice.
13. LAW. These are the official Contest Rules. The Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the Sponsors. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Rules or the rights and obligations as between the entrant and the Sponsors in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws.
14. LANGUAGE DISCREPANCY. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
15. NO ASSOCIATION. CIAS and ClubLink are not in any way associated with the programs owned or operated by Postmedia, nor are the producers or distributors of such programs associated in any way with the Contest.